Moderators: Scorpion8, ripjack13, John A., MikeD

.270 WIN
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:55 am
#8 shot is 0.09" and #9 shot is 0.08".
What could have happened... did.
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:35 pm
Scorpion8 wrote:
Cmcdonald wrote:That's not free beer or water either.... :o

I tried to tell one of the old guys that stuff like that would be the death of the club. Very few young men and women come out to shoot and even fewer can do a multiplex needed 12 boxes of shells in a single event. There's some serious zloty's tied up in this hobby. And if they don't endear the young'uns to the sport and figure out a cheaper way to participate....

You're quite right.

We have to do our best to keep engaging the next group of shooters or our sport will disappear. We've got a lot of young people coming up that aren't terribly interested in carrying on the traditions of our firearms heritage; be that sport shooting of all disciplines or hunting of all varieties.

The anti's and their sycophantic media are so focused on "AR-15's bad" & "all guns bad" that people who aren't raised in gun friendly homes have one impression of firearms...and it ain't good.

We all need to stop "fudding" about our bolt action rifles and break action or pump shotguns..."they won't ever come for those". YES THEY ABSOLUTELY WILL. We ALL need to oppose ALL gun control attempts wherever and whenever they crop up. Period. Full stop.
"Come on people, what the hell? It’s gotta be the brain, don’t y’all know nothin’?" Daryl Dixon
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:11 pm
Cmcdonald wrote:We all need to stop "fudding" about our bolt action rifles and break action or pump shotguns..."they won't ever come for those". YES THEY ABSOLUTELY WILL. We ALL need to oppose ALL gun control attempts wherever and whenever they crop up. Period. Full stop.

Off topic, but yea, just ask all the old time Eastern woods deer hunters whose Remington 740 and 7400 semi-autos suddenly became evil. Those rifles dominated the woods in PA when I was a kid.
NRA Life, NAHC Life, Retired USN
Pain heals, chicks dig scars .... glory, lasts forever!
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:24 pm
Scorpion8 wrote:Off topic, but yea, just ask all the old time Eastern woods deer hunters whose Remington 740 and 7400 semi-autos suddenly became evil. Those rifles dominated the woods in PA when I was a kid.

Lol...my bad. It's top of mind these days.

On the brighter side, I may have just picked up another 870 from a buddy who's letting go of a few guns...the more, the merrier!
"Come on people, what the hell? It’s gotta be the brain, don’t y’all know nothin’?" Daryl Dixon
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:49 pm
Cmcdonald wrote:On the brighter side, I may have just picked up another 870 from a buddy who's letting go of a few guns...the more, the merrier!

I just "sold" ALL of my guns. Well, at least I made up receipts showing that I did. :lol:
NRA Life, NAHC Life, Retired USN
Pain heals, chicks dig scars .... glory, lasts forever!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:02 pm
Scorpion8 wrote:
Cmcdonald wrote:On the brighter side, I may have just picked up another 870 from a buddy who's letting go of a few guns...the more, the merrier!

I just "sold" ALL of my guns. Well, at least I made up receipts showing that I did. :lol:

I'm planning a boat trip soon myself................
Previous

Return to Remington Model 870