• Advertisement

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Thread

Moderators: Scorpion8, ripjack13, John A.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:55 am
We have a very active virus thread going on at Mossberg Owners. It runs the gamut of relevant topics. Want to talk or vent about what's happening in your neck of the woods? Preps you've made for such an event? Are you concerned about family and loved ones? Or you just wanna bitch about dumb people hoarding or the gubment response? This is the thread.
"Come on people, what the hell? It’s gotta be the brain, don’t y’all know nothin’?" Daryl Dixon
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:08 am
I'll go first. I'd consider myself prepper-lite...lol. So we have ample supplies and haven't been panicked. I watch and read the news pretty regularly and saw this coming and starting adding supplies in late January. Added some extra dry and canned goods as well as some ammo for my Beretta PCC and 870. You can never have enough ammo right?

My old Dad lives with us, so his health is a big concern for us and that he not be infected. He's a lifelong smoker, and his health is declining. This virus would likely be a death sentence for him. We take all appropriate precautions depending on the circumstance. So, when we have to go to the grocery store or some public indoor space...it's masks and gloves for us.

Don't care what anybody thinks or what some fat cat doctor has to say about it either. I'm trained in the use of respirators and full HazMat PPE...I know they work and I HATE being lied to. We have PPE and will use it accordingly. I won't let some doctor (read: politician) that has squandered my tax money on office renovations and vacations shame me into jeopardizing the health of my family.

So, what about you?
"Come on people, what the hell? It’s gotta be the brain, don’t y’all know nothin’?" Daryl Dixon
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:10 pm
I found it hilarious how quickly ammo flew off the shelves for a health-crisis. Toilet paper? Okay, most recent diseases and meds cause massive anal leakage. Hand sanitizer? Okay, I get it. But ammo? Luckily to the wife's one-time chagrin and now-applaud, ammo is not something we're short of. I fall into the "refuse to be scared" group. I'm staying home but only because I've had a run of bronchitis since last fall and nobody can tell the difference between this cough and that. But working from home is getting old. I'll probably go back in next week and since the office looks like a barren wasteland it should be just as safe there as anywhere else. My wife made masks and I always forget mine. I play it smart, don't hug strangers, wash my hands, use hand sanitizer, and have been a social-distance convert since I was 4. But there's more to laugh about out there now. Folks with masks on, around their chin with their nose uncovered. Neighbors who peek out of doors when you deliver the FEDEX package that was wrongly delivered to your house. I shipped my sister some Alaska-roasted coffee that they love an they left the package outside on their doorstep for 15 days. I love it!
NRA Life, NAHC Life, Retired USN
Pain heals, chicks dig scars .... glory, lasts forever!
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:35 pm
I don't think anyone understands the run on a$$wipe! Lol!

I agree, no need for fear but a little caution goes a long way right now. Most of us types were born for social distancing soooo yeah, no problem there. Could keep this up the rest of my life and be perfectly happy!

Ammo & firearms sales up here always go with the trend south of the line. But, not usually for the same reasons. We usually start buying because we know supplies will not be replenished for quite sometime after panic buying down south. We often won't get re-supplied until after our southern brothers do. So, I learned my lesson after the run up to the 2012 presidential election and made sure when supplies came back to stock up. It wasn't until nearly 2014 that any decent 22LR could be found except in little dribs and drabs. Generally hunting calibers were available-ish but defensive ammo was a nowhere.

Return to Firearm Related