• Advertisement

My 40X

Moderators: Scorpion8, ripjack13, John A.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:49 pm

I'll try to post more pic's later.

Steve.......
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:43 am
Good looking rifle...

.22LR
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:03 pm
Very nice 700. What caliber is it?

.22LR
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 3:57 pm
By the Redfield rear sight and the target stock and what appears to be a mag well cap on bottom I am guess this is a 40XC (Course Gun), 5 shot stripper clip feed for highpower rifle competition. I have one.

I also have a 40X 22 single shot the light barrel was replaced on with a medium heavy barrel for a standing practice rifle.

I also have 700s, a 78 sporter, and a Pattern 14 action made by Remington I don't have a barrel on it. I also have one made by Winchester which is my walking rifle. Rebarreled with stainless medium heavy barrel with a nice tight chamber for long case life. A PO had already cut the stock up so I refinished what he left. Weighs 9.5 lbs.

Sight ears were also ground off by PO. The scope base is a 92A Weaver designed for a barrel that is .800" diameter which makes for a very sturdy base. The muzzle protector is a 3/4" chair leg protector and muzzle is turned to .752 diameter so it fits on snugly. In emergency situation I can just pull it up and shoot and it blows right off. They come in packs of 4 from Lowes.

The receiver is spray coated with Sandstrom 28A and I carried it walking five miles a day for last year with no wear and better yet no rust.

Note adapter ring gunsmith made so smaller barrel diameter could be used. The adapter was bored and threaded on lathe without removing it so the bore line is dead right angle to the threads. Stock was refinished and receiver sprayed with Sandstrom 28A.

The action is bedded into the stock with Marinetex Gray. Rifle shoots quite well.
NRA Benefactor, Distinguished High Power Rifle, Smallbore Prone (2)US Palma Teams, (2) US Palma Trophy wins, Certified Small Arms and Ammunition Test Director, Aberdeen Proving Ground, Md, Test & evaluation of Small Arms US Gov't

Return to Remington Bolt Action Model 40-X