• Advertisement

recoil pad to fit Sbm4 arm brace?

Moderators: Scorpion8, ripjack13, John A., MikeD

Copper BB
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:12 am
Hi guys,

I’ve been searching the 870 forums and can’t find any suggestions to help with my question. So I have to ask;

Have any of you guys with an 870 Tac-14, fitted a Sbm4 Arm Brace...and then found a recoil pad to fit?

Also, off the top of your head - do you know if a buffer/spring from an M-4 will fit in the tube (and be effective?)

Thanks much!
Rob
Last edited by Robsmith on Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Administrator
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:44 am
While an AR15 buffer spring/buffer will fit inside of the tube, it will do nothing to the gun but add weight.

The slide/bolt is retained inside of the receiver and would never make contact with the tube/buffer. Even if it did, it would only make it harder to pump and would not do anything to reduce or change the recoil.

As for the butt pad, I don't think you're supposed to modify the brace in any way, considering that it's not supposed to be shoulder fired anyway. That's too far away from the gray area for me.
When people ignorant of guns make gun laws, you end up with ignorant gun laws.
-Me

Now I know they're not so ignorant and it's ATRRITION

Copper BB
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:52 am
John A. wrote:While an AR15 buffer spring/buffer will fit inside of the tube, it will do nothing to the gun but add weight.

The slide/bolt is retained inside of the receiver and would never make contact with the tube/buffer. Even if it did, it would only make it harder to pump and would not do anything to reduce or change the recoil.

As for the butt pad, I don't think you're supposed to modify the brace in any way, considering that it's not supposed to be shoulder fired anyway. That's too far away from the gray area for me.

Thanks John, guess I didn’t think it through (The M-4 buffer)

Copper BB
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:48 pm
I heard from the folks that make the arm brace. They indicated that installing a recoil pad, or doing ANYTHING to the arm brace would probably run me afoul of the NFA.

So, there ya go.

Rob

Return to Remington Model 870