• Advertisement

Bolt stuck foward

Moderators: Scorpion8, ripjack13, John A.

Copper BB
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:54 pm
My baby is broken, i was shooting when she locked up. im sure its the steel casing ammo i shot, anyhow, the bolt is stuck foward and i cannot pull it out the back, when pulling the charging handle it as well as the bolt move about 1in then sticks. How can i get it free???!?!?!?!
Copper BB
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:46 pm
Hi,
Just bought a R-15 and joined the site today. Wondering if/how you got your bolt free? If you haven't by some chance you might try using a cleaning rod with blunt tip, WD-40/CRP/penetrating oil down bore and use a hammer to tap the bolt back. Good luck.

Copper BB
PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:29 am
I have a new R-15 that I had shot less than 50 rounds through. I was shooting it the other day when after about 15 rounds the bolt locked forward. I seperated the upper from the lower and was able to remove the bolt but the trigger was locked up and wouldn't move. After looking it over for a couple of minutes I noticed that one of the pins holding the trigger assembly in the lower had moved out a fraction of an inch. Evidently this had put the trigger in a bind and caused the bolt to lock up. I pushed the pin back in and fired 15 rounds without a problem..
PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:51 pm
Welcome to the Remington Owners Forum mgroover3 !!

How did you make out with this problem ...?
.270 WIN
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:28 pm
Hey plowboy, have you fired your gun since the "walking pin" incident? Just curious to see if the trigger pin is still moving around. :?:
USMC 83' - 87'
NRA Member
Indiana & Utah CCW

Are we there yet?
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:20 pm
Welcome to the Remington Owners Forum plowboy !!

Return to Remington Autoloading Model R-15