• Advertisement

Reloading Stations

Anything and everything related to reloading ammunition can be posted here.

Moderators: Scorpion8, ripjack13, John A., nitesite

Administrator
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:49 pm
Lets see some pictures of everyone's reloading stations...
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:55 pm
I don't think I have any pics right now.

I have a work table in one room (I call it The Reloading Room, the wife says it's The Laundry Room) with (1) a turret press for all my centerfire metallic, and (2) also a MEC-650 12-ga press. In the garage I have a MEC Sizemaster-77 in 12-ga and a MEC-600 Jr in 20-ga. There are variously sized boxes and other containers of bullets and tumbled/sized and primed cases and some un-primed cases along a wall on the floor of the laundry/reloading room. Bags of picked up brass out in the garage waiting to be tumbled. A couple buckets of lead wheel weights next to the garage workbench. There are several shoe boxes of lead as well. In the back of the garage are hundreds of once-fired Remington shotgun hulls and a few bags or Figure-8 and RXP-20 wads. Right now there are 40 or so pounds of bermined lead (spent bullets) drying out on a table at the far end of the front porch. About 20 1-lb bottles of powder above the wall organizers in the Reloading Room. And an 8-lb jug of Varget on top of a bookcase in the den. There are several thousand primers on the very top shelf of a dining room cabinet. And a 1-lb bottle of Unique in the kitchen cabinet next to the coffee cups. There's loaded ammo in the reloading room, the garage, the walk-in closet of the master bedroom. I have 2.5-lb ingots of smelted lead on top of the garage workbench. And a big box of non-reloadable brass that I keep telling myself I will take to the recyclers one day soon.

I'm not making this up.

See why I don't take any pictures??? :)
An ATI stock set on a 1955 16-ga Wingmaster would make Baby Jesus cry...........

Cop
Reloader and Bullet Caster
US Army Veteran
.22LR
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:50 pm
Here's my little corner of the world. I spend a lot of time there in the winter.

National Rifle Association Benefactor Member
Illinois Rifle Association Member
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:49 am
WOW! Dillon, RCBS, MEC... amazing organization.

That looks absolutely great, Teddy Bear!

You make us all proud. I count at least 32 die sets; amazing!

I'm glad to say that I have steadily organized my spread-out disarray in the past year but it's nowhere close to that jewel of a room!

I see all the IMR powder you have and especially the purple bottles. I just scored four bottles of IMR-4895 after looking for a year for some!
An ATI stock set on a 1955 16-ga Wingmaster would make Baby Jesus cry...........

Cop
US Army Veteran
.22LR
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:56 pm
Thanks nitesite. I reload small pistol primer on the left Dillon, and large pistol primer on the right one. I reload small and large primer rifle on the RCBS. Ive been picking up primers and powder when I can find them even though I don't need it right now.
National Rifle Association Benefactor Member
Illinois Rifle Association Member
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:50 pm
I have a Lee turret press which is bolted to a chunk of mahogany, I clamp this to a Black and Decker workmate for the sizing and decapping jobs which I do either in the garage or on the patio depending on the weather. I trim the cases sat at the kitchen table using an electric drill and a Lee trimming tool with a big tray to catch the swarf. I clean the brass using an ultrasonic cleaner again in the kitchen. I prime the cases with an RCBS primer usually whilst watching the TV. When it comes to the reloading I measure the charge with a Lyman thrower to just under and then trickle to weight on a set of RCBS 10.10 scales. Finally I have my press relocated to my desk where I seat the bullets whilst looking at something on my computer screen.

I tend to have a session dedicated to sizing and decapping, then another for cleaning and trimming. The priming is done as and when a bit of spare time presents itself often over several evenings. The final session will involve me charging 50 cases then adding the bullets, then another 50 and so on until all are done.

Sounds complicated but it isn't really and because it is spread over several days it isn't really a chore.
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:08 am
One lesson I have learned is that cranking out pistol ammo really fast on a Dillon or other progressive isn't my cup of tea. Like you, I break it down into segments, where I will size/decap and flare a LOT of pistol brass. Then I'll put them all up in Ziploc bags with the date and other info marked on it. And I'll put it away.

Then, some rainy night I'll prime a couple hundred of those cases, which takes almost ZERO time and effort, and they then go back into the Ziploc.

When I want to actually LOAD pistol ammo, dropping the powder and seating/crimping takes almost no time at all and I can do hundreds per hour.

Of course, bottleneck rifle cartridge loading is a bit of a different story with trimming/chamfering thrown in. But it's all good, right? When I have a lot of prepped and primed rifle brass the actual process of powder and bullet takes VERY LITTLE time to finish loaded rounds.

Fenrir wrote:I have a Lee turret press which is bolted to a chunk of mahogany, I clamp this to a Black and Decker workmate for the sizing and decapping jobs which I do either in the garage or on the patio depending on the weather. I trim the cases sat at the kitchen table using an electric drill and a Lee trimming tool with a big tray to catch the swarf. I clean the brass using an ultrasonic cleaner again in the kitchen. I prime the cases with an RCBS primer usually whilst watching the TV. When it comes to the reloading I measure the charge with a Lyman thrower to just under and then trickle to weight on a set of RCBS 10.10 scales. Finally I have my press relocated to my desk where I seat the bullets whilst looking at something on my computer screen.

I tend to have a session dedicated to sizing and decapping, then another for cleaning and trimming. The priming is done as and when a bit of spare time presents itself often over several evenings. The final session will involve me charging 50 cases then adding the bullets, then another 50 and so on until all are done.

Sounds complicated but it isn't really and because it is spread over several days it isn't really a chore.

Cop
US Army Veteran
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:47 am
This is my load bunker ....
Most things I have to manufacture them, because in my country they are not obtained or the prices are very high ....
The recharging press is manufactured using the model manufactured by the German company Turban
The case trimmer is manufactured using the model L. E. Wilson, which makes some modifications. how to put a small motor ...
The fulminates setter did it by modifying an old 16 caliber shotgun reloading press ...
.338 Win. Mag.
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:39 pm
Looks GOOD!!!

JLF wrote:This is my load bunker ....
Most things I have to manufacture them, because in my country they are not obtained or the prices are very high ....
The recharging press is manufactured using the model manufactured by the German company Turban
The case trimmer is manufactured using the model L. E. Wilson, which makes some modifications. how to put a small motor ...
The fulminates setter did it by modifying an old 16 caliber shotgun reloading press ...

Cop
US Army Veteran

Return to Reloading Ammunition