• Advertisement

Any US Guys shooting the 105CTi ??

Moderators: Scorpion8, ripjack13, John A.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:19 am
Other than being Trap shell fussy I have to say I love mine as a low recoil ambidextrous game gun. I'd love a few more chokes for it though, Anyone ever source a cyl or rifled choke for slugs??
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:45 pm
I heard that the only shells you can use with the CTi are Remington...plenty of people bitching about that across the web.

Have you checked the Remington website for chokes !?

I just posted a thread on chokes on this site...

===============================================

topic379.html

================================================
Administrator
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:07 pm
I unfortunately have very little experience with the Remington CTi.
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:22 pm
SHOOTER13 wrote:I heard that the only shells you can use with the CTi are Remington...plenty of people bitching about that across the web.

Have you checked the Remington website for chokes !?

I just posted a thread on chokes on this site...

===============================================

topic379.html

================================================

I did indeed, trying to get them this side of the pond is a major PITA.

I have used ELEY, Remington, Fiochi, and GB shells all fine.

Basically, need to be High Velocity, and 32grams (not sure what that is in Imperial, we went metric here long time ago ;) )

Never had a remington shell Jam in them, My favourite shell is a Rem 32g No6 for winged game.

One tip i was given was to ONLY use SILICONE spray not OIL based Sprays on the Action as there is an O-Ring near the trigger Mechanism that the Oil eats and makes a dogs dinner out of the action.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:36 pm
Tack wrote: "Basically, need to be High Velocity, and 32grams (not sure what that is in Imperial, we went metric here long time ago )

Never had a remington shell Jam in them, My favourite shell is a Rem 32g No6 for winged game.

One tip i was given was to ONLY use SILICONE spray not OIL based Sprays on the Action as there is an O-Ring near the trigger Mechanism that the Oil eats and makes a dogs dinner out of the action.

==============================================================

That's why I put the metric equiv in the .308 chart of your other thread... 8-)

And yes...good point on that silicone...O-rings take a beating and degrade over time anyway...let's not hurry that along if no need be... ;)

===============================================================
.270 WIN
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:48 pm
I really enjoy shooting my CTii!!
It is my go to trap gun and eats every brand shell I shoot.
The only PITA is loading the mag full......shells are difficult for me to line up with the mag hole opening without a lifter to push against and to help guide them like we have with other autoloaders.
We have done so much for so long with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing!

Copper BB
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:45 am
Hello,
I'm a new guy here..I realize this is a rather old thread, but I could use some help related to this product.

Running low on options.

I received this model (105 CTi II) as a gift.

The recoil pad is dissolving into a into a glob, sticks to anything it comes into contact with. Extremely difficult to mount, hunt with...collects dirt, feathers, ...sticks to the inside of cases, safes...a real mess.
The pad and spacers are not flush , or squared to the stock like conventional pads / spacers. The pad unit is cut in a concave manner...curves quite a bit into the middle of the butt stock.

To square it for a conventional pad would make it about an 11 inch LOP, or worse...requiring a LOT of spacers.

Contacted Remington Customer Service...their reply..

"Ken

Your best bet is calling numrich or Jacks first. We no longer make the gun so recoil pads from us are probably not gonna happen.

Thank you and best regards,
Remington Customer Services"

No joy Numrich, Jack First...

Also contacted Limb Saver, the manufacturer of that pad system...no joy there either. They don't warehouse contracted pads. That one anyway. Can't blame them.

Any suggestions? I can square it and add wood, or square it and add several spacers...but am hoping for an alternative pad that might fit the concave cut and matching curved spacers.

Frustrating...that model not exactly an antique...made only a few years ago...

Any advice greatly appreciated, THANKS !!

Copper BB
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:21 pm
That would be a great option, but the end of the stock is cut concave, dished in the middle...pretty aggressively. So...not squared, or flat like a conventional stock.
I've been thinking about setting up a mass of wood filler, or DevCon...trim it up...then add a slip on.
Easy fix...but not sure about it lasting .... and it's pretty nice wood to cover with a slip on.
Might just square it...addd spacers and be done with it. Probably looking at 5 or 6 spacers though.
Squared it will be very short. I'm 6'4.
I'll figure something out. Keep looking.
Still hoping there might be a replacement out there. Big world.

Copper BB
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:19 pm
From Limb Saver Customer Support:

"They are working on the tool to be able to make some."

--
Bill Barnhart
Technical/Warranty Manager
support@limbsaver.com
360-427-6031 Ext.-128

Might get lucky...I'll post if I hear something.

Return to Remington 105CTI