• Advertisement

Swap out barrels on receivers?

Moderators: Scorpion8, ripjack13, John A.

Copper BB
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:49 pm
Anyone know if we can swap out barrels on any 7600 receiver? For example, 308 t0 243 barrel using the same receiver? Yes I know it has to be a short action. But cane we do this? And PLEASE no guessing like "I think so, or well maybe", etc. Facts please. Thank you
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:28 pm
sparky wrote:And PLEASE no guessing like "I think so, or well maybe", etc. Facts please. Thank you

Well, since you only want facts, the fact is those receivers were identical, especially among cartridges based on the same case such as your example, .243 and .308. And the receiver knows not which barrels is placed in it's end. Otherwise..... I guess so.
NRA Life, NAHC Life, Retired USN
Pain heals, chicks dig scars .... glory, lasts forever!

Copper BB
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2021 6:28 pm
That's what I thought, but wasn't positive. After I first posted the question and after examining it more and more, I did take a 243 barrel out of it's original receiver and installed a 7mm-08 into it. I could see no reason that it wouldn't fit and function properly. It locked up fine, and the action operated smooth as silk. Out to the range I went, and it shot perfectly with no hick ups.
Seriously though, I read so many replies to questions on different forums. I can't believe some people's answers....."I'm not sure, I think so, I don't know, are you sure?"....etc. It boggles my mind that apparently some members just want to say something no matter what.
Thanks for the reply, Scorion8

Return to Remington Pump Action Model 7600