• Advertisement

2003 Remington 870 Tactical

Moderators: Scorpion8, ripjack13, John A., MikeD

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:31 pm
Guy's/Gal's
I was at my LGS Friday 4-17-20 and looking around and found a 2003 870 Express Magnum Tactical. It was around $300 out the door. I use to have the Police version of the 870 and wish that I never had gotten rid of it. So now I bought this express and going to make it a Police version except for a couple of things that I actually like better on the express version.
So here is what is on order (and yes probably would of saved if just bought the police version)

1. Elzetta ZSM flashlight shotgun mount
2.Magpul Hand stop for foregrip
3.Magpul furniture
4.Stainless Magazine tube follower
5.Volquartsen extractor
6. extra power hammer spring and firing pin spring
7. Heavy Duty carrier dog spring
8. Wilson Combat domed safety

I am not replacing the trigger guard, I think that the plastic are better served. I believe they will last as long and don't chip paint off, just look better also. I am not adding rifled sights. I like just the one bead front sight. It is easily acquired.

After posting this in another forum a member notified me that a stainless steel fallower is a bad idea. That the stainless will beat out the retention ridge just like the steel ones did. So I now have an aluminum follower on order.
Aim Small, Miss Small
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:42 am
Nice find! I believe some pics are in order or am I confused? ;)

I was going to replace the follower in my 870 with a stainless one...now I won't! Thanks for that!
"Come on people, what the hell? It’s gotta be the brain, don’t y’all know nothin’?" Daryl Dixon
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:57 am
Yes I will get some pictures up soon. I figure that I will wait till the SG is complete.
Thanks for the reply.
Aim Small, Miss Small

Return to Remington Model 870