• Advertisement

Model 17 Squirrel Hunt

Anything and everything related to hunting can be posted here.

Moderators: Scorpion8, ripjack13, John A., MikeD

Copper BB
PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:42 pm
Model 17.jpg
Model 17.jpg (104.45 KiB) Viewed 2879 times
Took my Model 17 out for some squirrel hunting. I used two quarters in a tapping motion to replicate cracking /feeding sounds. My self imposed limit was two squirrels. This area can have some foot/vehicle traffic so I went with the scattergun. The barrel is marked "Full." I did a basic pattern, nothing technical but I was able to pie the squirrels and hit the head area. What fun with a shotgun that is at least 80 years old!!
PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:39 pm
Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice! Love to see the old gals out in the woods. Good squirrels too!
NRA Life, NAHC Life, Retired USN
Pain heals, chicks dig scars .... glory, lasts forever!

20g
PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:33 pm
Great to see these quality built milled parts guns still in service. They sound completely different when the action is pumped. Steel on steel. Be expensive to built em like that today unfortunately but they were built to last.
PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:27 am
mauser9 wrote:Be expensive to built em like that today unfortunately but they were built to last.

Wonder if you could measure one out for a CNC mill pattern and manufacture them again? Of course that gave Remington fits for quite a few years getting Marlin 336 production restarted after the move, and they never got Marlin 39A production restarted again at all.
NRA Life, NAHC Life, Retired USN
Pain heals, chicks dig scars .... glory, lasts forever!

Return to Hunting