• Advertisement

10 best bushcraft knives

Moderators: Scorpion8, ripjack13, John A.

Copper BB
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:03 am
I have read an article about the top 10 bushcraft knives. These knives are very much sharp and long-lasting. If you want to read the article, go to http://bestproducts-4u.com/best-bushcraft-knives/
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:51 am
donaldddickman wrote:If you want to read the article, go to ....

Thanks for sharing. I was on a hunt for the ultimate fixed-blade woods knife awhile back and came across many such articles. Of course, they're always someone's "opinion" of what makes a good knife, but what works for one folk may not work for another. Still, a good read....Oddly however, the opening pic is all folders, and the article is all (I think) fixed blades. Very poor way to craft an article.
NRA Life, NAHC Life, Retired USN
Pain heals, chicks dig scars .... glory, lasts forever!

20g
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:58 pm
Was a very good read and enjoyed it being a knife freak myself. Like folders with assist opening for EDC like my Sog Trident but these rugged fixed blade Bushcraft sure have their place. I may consider one with better steel like a carbon blade. Heck only fixed blade I own is a Puma Skinner from 1967!! Was amazed what the vintage ones are going for on E-Bay!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:04 am
Ya know I think the fixed blade that I settled on, and is on my hunting gear-belt right now is a Puma. I think I got it from SMKW. For awhile I was really into hunting heartwood and looking for bushcraft axes and such, and that renewed my wish for a good fixed blade knife.

20g
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:18 pm
Great news Scorpion! Check the number on the hilt or blade guard against the Puma Online Chart. Should give the year made depending how old it is. Think they started marking em back around 1964. That puma-master steel switched to stainless quite a while back. Glad I held onto mine.
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:11 pm
Pretty sure it was this one, https://www.smkw.com/puma-sgb-coyote-wi ... rta-handle. Fits in the hand w/o any movement or tiring while trying to grip it.

Return to Knives