• Advertisement

RM380 trigger bar issues and Remington's repair process.

Anything and everything related to firearm maintenance, modification, safety and troubleshooting can be posted here.

Moderators: Scorpion8, ripjack13, John A.

Copper BB
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:37 am
Hello all,
My RM380 started developing light primer strikes last range outing, so I disassembled it and gave it a thorough cleaning. Gave it a function check with a snap cap and found the problem had become incredibly worse, with the hammer failing to be drawn back even a fraction of its travel. Removed the right grip panel and found that the trigger bar was slipping very early off the hammer. I attempted to remove the trigger bar for inspection and it went flying, lost somewhere in the shop.

I've never dealt with Remington's repair services so I have a few questions I hope those of you who have dealt with them can answer:

1) How likely is Remington to send me a replacement trigger bar? Are they one of those companies that force you to send in the whole firearm so that they can replace the part?

2) If I do need to send it in, what kind of turn-arounds have you all experienced?

3) Is this sort of issue known to happen in RM380s?

Thank you all for your time.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:16 pm
Sorry to hear this.

I can’t help you with 1 or 2 but I’ve not heard of this problem before. My RM has 875 rounds through it with no issues.

Return to Firearm Maintenance, Modification, Safety And Troubleshooting