• Advertisement

1100 LT-20 choke tubes

Moderators: Scorpion8, ripjack13, John A., MikeD

Copper BB
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 4:16 pm
Greetings,
I picked up my Dad's 1100 LT-20 (he's 88 and sadly just can't get out anymore). The shotgun has choke tubes, but I couldn't find them all. I purchased a Rem-Choke tube and it is NOT the correct tube. I sent Remington customer service the serial number and asked what type of tube I needed. The said the gun was mfg in 1984, but swear they never put tubes in any 1100 20 ga prior to rem choke in 1987. Well.... I'm looking at a remington barrel with tunes in it!!

Pop keeps telling me he never had a barrel modified for tubes. At 88 he may have forgotten a few things, but when it comes to a favorite shotgun, I want to believe him.

Is anyone out there familiar with mid-80's choke tubes prior to Rem Choke??

The tubes in the barrel are short, like 1 9/16" with very very fine threads.
Administrator
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 8:10 pm
Do you have a choke tube you can measure and take pictures of now?

That may help.

Also, it may not be the barrel that came with the gun from the factory either.
When people ignorant of guns make gun laws, you end up with ignorant gun laws.
-Me

Now I know they're not so ignorant and it's ATRRITION

Copper BB
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 9:14 pm
yes, I have mod and full tubes, just a hair over 1.5 inches long with super fine threads. Also appears to have a thinner wall than Rem Choke.
I am sure this is the original barrel. He bought another barrel in '91-92 to shoot steel shot. The second barrel does have standard rem choke tubes.
.270 WIN
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 9:31 pm
Is there a choke designation on the barrel ? If so, the tubes were added. Remington never offered any choke tubes from the factory before RemChokes in 1986, 12 gauge.
If you send a choke tube to Briley's they will tell you what style it is and what fits. If you do not know what you are doing measuring is difficult. Several types have a double lead.
What could have happened... did.

Return to Remington Model 1100