• Advertisement

1911 R1 Failure To Feed

Moderators: ripjack13, John A.

Copper BB
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:07 pm
Hello everyone. I just bought a new R1 today and am having a failure to feed on the 1st, 2nd and 3rd round of a fully loaded mag. Round 4-7 feed just fine.

To be a little more specific when I try to chamber a round instead of the bullet staying pointed upwards and sliding directly into the chamber, it jams into the slide and sits parallel to the chamber but almost a full bullets width below the chamber itself. This issue does not occur though if I only put 4 or less rounds in my mags.

I am only using the 2 factory mags that came with the gun and using Hornady 185gr XTP. I already did a full dismantle and cleaning of the mags and pistol itself. Any suggestions on how to fix this issue would be greatly appreciated.
Administrator
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:56 pm
It's doing it with both magazines?
When people ignorant of guns make gun laws, you end up with ignorant gun laws.
-Me

Now I know they're not so ignorant and it's ATRRITION

Copper BB
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:04 pm
Yes both magazines are having the same issue with the same amount of bullets loaded into them. I've been keeping the mags fully loaded all day today and it seems to have helped one of the mags and I can kind of chamber with 6 rounds in the mag (about a 50/50 shot). At this point though my confidence in a successful chamber is pretty low. Should I just ditch these mags and go with some Wilson Combat or something?

Return to General