• Advertisement

Accuracy of your R-15

Moderators: Scorpion8, ripjack13, John A.

Copper BB
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 7:25 pm
So I picked one of these up last year and have been playing with various loads. I have tried factory 55 gr SP, 55gr FMJ and handloads with 53gr HP, 55gr FMJ, 55gr Spitzer and 64 gr SP bullets over either 748 or Varget. The best loads shoot 1.2 to 1.5 inches at 100 yds. Honestly, for shooting coyotes the gun is accurate enough, but I thought it would shoot a bit better.

What are you folks shooting and how accurate are your guns?
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 8:23 pm
Welcome to the Remington Owners Forum !!

Don't own an R-15 yet...but every AR platform loves one certain load over any other, and it does sometimes take a little testing to discover which one yours shoots POA/POI...which can be half the fun...tho a bit expensive now days !!

Copper BB
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 9:39 pm
I know what you are saying and I do find it fun. I just want to know what success others are having and maybe modify what I'm doing. Even still known good loads in other guns are still 1.2 inches. Being it has a 1/9 barrel I haven't tried anything lighter than 53gr., so I still have other bullets on the shelf to try. My next powder to try is Norma 201 (about H322 in burn rate). I got the powder in a trade a while back so I might as well use it given the lack of powder on the store shelves.
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 3:18 pm
Copy that...good luck !

Return to Remington Autoloading Model R-15