• Advertisement

7600 police .308 jamming

Moderators: Scorpion8, ripjack13, John A.

Copper BB
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:11 am
hi to everyone, i have just joined up and would like to say its good to have a forum such as this. ok, i recently bought a 7600 police in .308 and took it out for the first time pig hunting here in australia, now after probably 5 or so rounds, it jammed. the front of the projectile would hit the base of the feed ramp and jam. i cleared the round only to have it happen on a regular basis. i thought it may have been my non-genuine 10 shot mags, but it does it with the standard 4 round mag, even tried different ammunition with no luck. i took it back to the dealer and they have had it for 6 weeks, they dont know when it will be back. im hoping anyone may have some experience with this issue or be of some assistance, look forward to any help, thanks, Daniel.

Copper BB
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 11:02 am
Welcome!
I'm a BB 2, but I'll chime in
I just got my 7600 .308 pump recently and had it jam right away.
I think these days firearms are stamped out more than crafted.
I'm also thinking that I tried to operate it as if it were hand detailed or worked in.
You know, load the mag quick and cycle it fast to see how great it performs.
I had to stop myself right away and take a careful look at how it cycled....slowly.
My 7600 cycles well now because I took it all apart and went over it, smoothing down sharp or rough edges on the barrel face, magazine edges and the forend.
I still have to be positive or slightly forceful when racking it forward to make sure it loads correctly.
This video helped familiarize me with my rifle;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eL3BmwGx_4
I use non-toxic bio degradable 'Frog Lube CLP', which IMO is the best thing on the market.
This helped out a lot and is the greatest thing for a new firearm. If you try it - your hooked!
Get ready to throw out all your toxic cleaning supplies.
My supplies are; .308 bore snake,micro fiber towels,cheap make-up brush,Wife's old hair drier, (she was happy to get a new one) and Frog Lube paste. check it out; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqQ_GEC6EKE

I have seen the 7600 rifle work even more smooth than mine, so I can use some advice from veteran owners as well.
I hope this helps out.

Copper BB
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:29 pm
Have a 308 in a 7600 and had problems getting a fully loaded mag into gun. take one round out and it worked fine so tried a mag from one of my other short action 7600 and it worked fine. just a bad mag. try another mag.

.22LR
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 3:31 pm
It seems there are mag problems now more that I ever heard of with 760s. The worst problem I have seen is the 8 rd after market mags and the feed lips are not correctly formed. Looking at it from the side the top round should be facing uphill so it will clear the front mag wall when round starts to move. If it is obvious it will not no use even trying.
Do a search for Magazine Lip tool and on that site there is a tutorial on reshaping mag lips that is quite good.
NRA Benefactor, Distinguished High Power Rifle, Smallbore Prone (2)US Palma Teams, (2) US Palma Trophy wins, Certified Small Arms and Ammunition Test Director, Aberdeen Proving Ground, Md, Test & evaluation of Small Arms US Gov't

Return to Remington Pump Action Model 7600