• Advertisement

ATI Deluxe Halo Heatshield with Ghost Ring Sights

Moderators: Scorpion8, ripjack13, John A.

Administrator
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:29 pm

ATI is proud to introduce the Halo Heatshield. The Halo Heatshield is the industry’s first ever “Free Floating” Heatshield. The rear of the Heatshield is secured to the rear of the barrel with a DuPont® Extreme Temperature Polymer Clip while the front of the Heatshield is suspended above the shotgun barrel by two DuPont® Extreme Temperature Polymer V Blocks. Both the Rear Clip and Front V Blocks include an underlying High Temp Resistant Silicon pad that can withstand temperatures in excess of 600˚F.

*The Industry’s First Ever Free Float Style Design to Prevent any Metal to Metal Contact Between the Heatshield and Shotgun Barrel
*Constructed of High Strength Steel With Matte Black Powder Coating
*DuPont® Extreme Temperature Polymer Clip and V Blocks Secure the Heatshield to the Shotgun Preventing Sliding and Movement of the Heatshield
*High Temp Resistant Silicon Pads Protect the Shotgun Barrel Finish
*Includes Aluminum CNC Machined ATI Dovetail Picatinny Rail Attachment (Rail not included)
*Aluminum CNC Machined Ghost Ring Sights
*Fits With or Without a Mag Extension
*Manufactured in the USA
*Limited Lifetime Warranty

Fits 12 GA Remington 870 Shotguns

*Halo Heatshield Length is 16 1/4" or 16 1/2" with the optional 2" Picatinny Rail Installed

*Halo Heatshield may not fit 18" Barrels with a Muzzle Standoff

First Impression: ATI did it again with the packaging on their new Halo Heatshield. It comes in a very well thought out case that holds the heatshield, hardware, and instructions. The finish on it is very durable and matches my 870's finish as well.

Installation: Installation was like any other ATI product. Everything is well documented and photographed so, if you are a more of a visual learner, you can still go through it with ease.

Use: I have not had the chance to shoot it with the heatshield on yet. Given how sturdy it feels and the fact that it doesn't rest on the barrel; I see no reason it will prevent the heat transfer from transfering. I will update this thread as soon as I get some range time with this setup.

I have to admit that at first I was skeptical of the ATI halo heatshield with respect to how strong or secure the rear mounting clip was; I was pleasantly surprised with the setup after installing both the front and rear mounts of the heatshield. The heatshield is extremely secure and will not be moving anywhere. The same went for the ghost sights; I was not fond of them at first. I installed them anyway and I'm glad I did. It completes the whole package and are very functional when combined with the ATI tactical talon stock with adjustable riser. It would be nice if there was some adjustability to the sight or an upgrade to have tritium sights.
Administrator
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:17 am
Great write up! I can't wait to install the ATI deluxe halo heatshield on my Mossberg 500.

Return to Product Review