• Advertisement

Remington Owners is looking for moderators...

Administrator
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:16 pm
We here at Remington Owners are beginning to look for subforum moderators. If you are interested please pm me and we can go from there. Each moderator can be assigned to up to 4 sub-forums. Below is a list of our expectations and responsibilities.

Following is a brief rundown of what is generally expected of a moderator here at http://www.remingtonowners.com

A moderator should be knowledgeable and practised within the realm that they moderate. Which simply means... in order to assist members, you need to be familiar with that form in order to give ideas and suggestions.

A moderator should also work to keep the site running smoothly... enforcing the Board Rules of Conduct, solving problems, and answering any questions that members may have regarding the site, it's policies, and procedures.

A moderator should work to promote interest and participation within their forum... this can be with challenges, exercises, or anything else that would increase the creative response of members.

A moderator should promote the site and help in the recruitment of new members.

Above all, since this is a volunteer gig, a moderator should enjoy helping people. Having fun and enjoying what you do is a requirement.

We strive to make this a productive, pleasant, and stimulating atmosphere--and we hope that you will add to that spirit.

Staff Powers and Responsibilities

A. Powers

A moderator, super-moderator, or administrator is allowed to use the powers allowed in their account to the full extent necessary. Using your powers in ways detrimental to the board, unfairly harmful to a member, or breaking the rules while using your power is an abuse of power. Being able to see Invisible members online or the ability to ban people within reason is NOT abuse of power. Banning for no reason or for personal conflicts can be abuse of power. If a staff member is found to be abusing power, they will be issued either a warning, a strike, be put on probation as a staff member, or lose their position all together.

B. Confidential Information

Information and discussion posted in private staff discussion forums is to REMAIN confidential. It is posted in private staff areas for a reason. Staff is NOT having parties or gossipping about other members behind the members' backs. They discuss such things as board issues and what to do about policies. Any staff member found to be leaking information will be issued either a warning, a strike, be put on probation as a staff member, or lose their position all together.

C. Responsibilities

If you are on the staff, you are expected to do your part. If there is an issue in your section of the board, please deal with it. If assistance is needed, notify another staff member and ask for help. If you are not willing to do your job, there is no reason for you to be on staff.

Copper BB
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:38 pm
Hi my name is Mike McEnroy. I am a long time mod on ar15.com in the shotgun forum. I am a huge remington fan with approx 30-40 remington long guns including 870, 1100, 11-87, 7600, 750, 7400, 673 and 572's.

I am not a gunsmith but can give out normal pratical advise reguarding Remingtons.

Will to help out. My handle is mike103 on ar15.com, shotgunworld.com, 24hourcampfire.com, graybeardsoutdoors.com, rimfirecentral.com, oldgobbler.com, pahunting.com, 16ga.com, 28gaugesociety.com and others.

I shoot registered skeet, hunt deer, turkey, small game and saltwater fish.

email joannemc55@aol.com
Administrator
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:42 pm
Hey Mike,

Its great to have you as part of our growing community and appreciate your interest in joining the Remington Owners staff! Please let me know what subforums (up to 3) you would like to moderate and we can get you setup.

Dan
Administrator
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:34 pm
Thanks in advance for your support on the ever-growing Remington Community.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:16 pm
I am R1 owner and have been on several forums for the last couple of years. I hae approx. 8 Forums that I read at least twice a day if not more and have for a couple of years. I am would like to try and help if needed. Just let me know.
Aim Small, Miss Small
Administrator
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:57 pm
pm sent
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:23 pm
Thanks for the help guys....

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:49 pm
i would be a moderator for the forum.i am into rimfire benchrest and silhouette shooting,
i have some online matches going on on other forums and would like to do some here to.
RIMFIRE SHOOTING IS FUN FOR EVERYONE
Administrator
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:46 pm
PMed

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:35 am
anything that has to do with rimfire,matches,mods,shooting silhouette,benchrest.
RIMFIRE SHOOTING IS FUN FOR EVERYONE
Next

Return to General