• Advertisement

RM380 Review Post Repair

Moderators: Scorpion8, ripjack13, John A.

Copper BB
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:04 am
Hi All,

I just wanted to share my experiences with my new RM380. I'm LEO, and wanted to use the RM380 as a daily backup. I was initially impressed the first time I took it out to the range to fire. All went flawless for 74 rounds of multiple types of ammo. It had zero failures of any type, and the accuracy was very good for 10-15 yards. It was holding a steady 2.5- 3.0 group. I was extremely happy with it for 74 rounds, and then...............

I squeezed the trigger on round 75, and heard "click". I squeezed a second time, and it went "click" again. I racked the round out, and loaded the next, and "click"

I unloaded/cleared the gun, and started to investigate. It didn't take long to find the problem. The hammer was dropping almost immediately after squeezing the trigger. After disassembling, and looking the gun over, I could see it the problem was the trigger bar. The trigger bar stopped properly seating on the hammer retaining boss. I then sent the gun into Remington for repairs.

The gun was returned to me from repairs in a little over 2 weeks. Remington paid for shipping both ways, and was very helpful and friendly on the phone. After speaking with the tech who did my repair, he informed me that they are having "many" issues with the trigger bar on existing models, and a updated, revised version is now being sent to them. He informed me that mine was updated to the new one, and this should cure the problem. I asked if there would be a recall going out on this, and he was really hesitant to give an answer.

I received the gun back last night, and will be test firing it this afternoon to see if the problem has been corrected. I will post my results this weekend.
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:25 am
Was your repair done by Mark's Outdoors in Birmingham?
NRA Benefactor Member
USCG, 1963-1967, GM-3

Copper BB
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:53 am
MarkB wrote:Was your repair done by Mark's Outdoors in Birmingham?

Yes
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:04 am
Looking forward to the range report...
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:46 am
Thanks, MMB45.
NRA Benefactor Member
USCG, 1963-1967, GM-3

Return to Remington RM-380