• Advertisement

Hello From Georgia

New to the forum? Post up and let us know a little about you and your interests.

Moderators: Scorpion8, ripjack13, John A.

Copper BB
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:28 pm
This is my first post here. I had joined the Winchester forum yesterday and saw that the Remington forum was a sister forum and decided to try and join this one too. I appreciate you accepting me as a member, thanks.

One of my first shotguns was a Remington Wingmaster 20 ga. which was back in 1959. Before that I had a Spanish made .410 single barrel shotgun that I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn door from inside the barn much less a dove in flight. My dad took pity on me and bought the Wingmaster for me. That was the difference between night and day. I could actually hit a dove now and then like the big boys even though I was only 9 years old at the time. I enjoyed that shotgun for several years until our house got broken into and it was stolen. It was like losing an old friend.

Well after that I was working at Dad's service station and the AC oil and air filter company had a catalog where prizes could be won with enough oil and air filter box tops. They had a Winchester Model 12 in the catalog but no Wingmasters so when I finally had enough box tops which took over 2 years of saving every AC filter box top that was sold at my dad's service station during that time. Finally the day came when I had enough box tops so I sent them in for the Model 12. Then I received the terrible news...Winchester had discontinued the model 12 one year earlier. I had to settle for a Winchester Model 1200. That was almost as bad as having my Wingmaster stolen. :( Turned out that the 1200 wasn't as bad as I was expecting it to be, it just wasn't a Model 12 nor was it a Wingmaster which I really wanted.

Now years later I've owned a number of Remington 870s and Winchester Model 12s and life is good. :)

Speaking of model 12s, my favorite .22 rifle is a Remington Model 12 Pump .22 short, long & long rifle that I purchased back in 2008. I've always enjoyed shooting the old pump .22s at the shooting galleries at the county fairs in the old days.

They offered quite a few grades of the model 12 between 1909 to 1936 when they were discontinued. Mine is a standard grade 12A.

Grades Offered:
12A Standard Grade,
12B Gallery Special,
12C Target, 12C N.R.A. Target Grades.
(12CS, DS, ES, FS chambered for 22 Rem Special cartridges)
12D Peerless
12E Expert
12F Premier

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:42 pm
Welcome and hello from South East Alaska. That's a really nice Model 12.
NRA Life, NAHC Life, Retired USN
Pain heals, chicks dig scars .... glory, lasts forever!
Administrator
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:08 pm
Howdy, welcome to the club.
Thank you for taking the time to introduce yourself.
Please, feel free to chime in on any conversation, anywhere...
Cheers!
Former Admin

Return to New Member Welcome Area