• Advertisement

Trap stock for 870 wingmaster

Moderators: Scorpion8, ripjack13, John A., MikeD

Copper BB
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:55 pm
Has anyone used the Boyds At-One 870 replacement stock? I am interested in using my 870 for trap and I would very much like the LOP, stock cant and comb adjustment available as a package from Boyds. I have a Boyds stock on a High Power Rifle and it is excellent. The usual trap stock adjustments are quite a bit higher in price than Boyds and require shipping your stock off for weeks.
.270 WIN
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:12 am
An acquaintance got one with a hideous lamination combination - in my opinion - but the quality looks very good and he loves it.
What could have happened... did.

Copper BB
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:36 pm
I agree, some of the stock laminations are pretty wild. I was thinking the plain walnut, which costs a little more. I am also looking at Bill Davis Stocks. Very good prices, but no wood.
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:01 am
870 Trap stocks come up on eBay and GunBroker now and again, but when I was using mine (870 Express Synthetic) I wanted to shoot it well with the stock that would go into the field with me. Mine wasn't a dedicated trap gun.
NRA Life, NAHC Life, Retired USN
Pain heals, chicks dig scars .... glory, lasts forever!

Copper BB
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:08 pm
I got the Boyd stock and fore end yesterday. Price was $221. Assembly instructions were not very good, but the processed was easily doped out if you have dealt with 870 much. Looks good, good adjustments build in for the comb elevation and butt stock LOP. I shot it today for trap and did my average. No noticeable increase recoil. Really liked the adjustability. The stock did work loose, but it was easily tighten. Time will tell if this will be a problem or not. I think the stocks look every good. Given that installation of the same adjustments for my Rem1100 will cost $500 plus and take over a month, I consider this a deal.
.270 WIN
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:13 pm
Make sure you have a stock bearing plate on there if you had a synthetic stock. Seen many a stock screwed up by that. Glad you are happy with your purchase.
What could have happened... did.

Return to Remington Model 870