• Advertisement

New Memeber from Utah

New to the forum? Post up and let us know a little about you and your interests.

Moderators: Scorpion8, ripjack13, John A.

Copper BB
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:34 am
Hi:
My name is Lloyd, I am from Utah. I just bought a Remington Model 31 pump shot gun in a gun show. It has ser # 748 stamped on the receiver and on the barrel it is stamped 743. It is also stamped WZ on the barrel just forward of the receiver. It needs a new pistol grip stock as the one on it has two cracks one on each side about 4-5 inches ling, they are hairline type cracks that extend into the checkering. So I want to buy a new stock, but when I went on line the website asked which type of stock I needed a Type 1 with out tang stock or an Type two with Tang? Anyone know or can provide me with advice i would appreciate it.
Otherwise the gun is really nice no pits, or rust and the action is as smooth as silk. Also is it normal for the receiver and the barrel to have two different serial numbers when the serial number are so sequentially close ? If I read other website right the barrel stamp WZ means the gun was manufactured in Aug 1931, is that correct ? It also has a polychoke on the end of the barrel.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:39 am
Howdy Lloyd from Utah! Look north and see a "Welcome aboard!" wave from South East Alaska!
NRA Life, NAHC Life, Retired USN
Pain heals, chicks dig scars .... glory, lasts forever!

Copper BB
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:11 pm
Thanks Scorpion 8 is it cold up there ?
Administrator
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:58 pm
Welcome to the forum. WIsh I knew the answers to your questions, but I don't.

I've currently been rebuilding an old JC Higgins (H&R) and the stock is my biggest holdup just finding one for sale.

Looks like I can buy a complete gun on gunjoker for less than I can buy just the stock alone [rolleyes]

That's what I get for trying to rebuild a gun that's been out of production for over 60 years LOL
When people ignorant of guns make gun laws, you end up with ignorant gun laws.
-Me

Now I know they're not so ignorant and it's ATRRITION
.22LR
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:47 am
The next gun I buy will be the next to last gun I'll ever buy!
Administrator
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:55 pm
Howdy, welcome to the club.
Thank you for taking the time to introduce yourself.
Please, feel free to chime in on any conversation, anywhere...
Former Admin

Return to New Member Welcome Area