• Advertisement

A couple of issues with my 1100

Anything and everything related to firearm maintenance, modification, safety and troubleshooting can be posted here.

Moderators: Scorpion8, ripjack13, John A.

Copper BB
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:28 pm
First, I'm having trouble disassembling it. I get to the part where the bolt goes forward and is supposed to lift up & out.
The other problem is the fiber optic from sight (OEM?) slid off. I saw what appeared to be a small threaded on to of the rail.
Thanks for any help.
Keep in mind I'm a little dumb. :oops:
.270 WIN
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:03 pm
Press the shell latch to the side and slide the action sleeve assembly out the front of the receiver and then just lift the bolt off the action bars.
I believe the front sight was screwed into the rib.
What could have happened... did.

Copper BB
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:21 pm
OK, so the shell latch is on the bottom where you load? I did hold down on that as I slid the bolt (receiver?) but it only went so far & I couldn't budge that lever.
.270 WIN
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:35 am
Press the shell latch to the right, into the recess in the right inside receiver wall and it should slide out.
I am not sure what you are calling the lever. If you are talking about the operating handle, it pulls straight out of the bolt. It has a little spring loaded ball detent retainer. Sometimes if a gun has not been disassembled or cleaned and oiled for a while they can be tough to get out. Two small pieces of wood and a pair of channel locks may be needed.
What could have happened... did.

Return to Firearm Maintenance, Modification, Safety And Troubleshooting